Terms & Conditions
General Terms & Conditions
Thank you for visiting the website of the 100 & 1 CLUB on behalf of Teen Challenge SA Inc.
This page sets out the terms and conditions regarding:
- access to the 100 & 1 Club website (the Website); and
participating in the Fund Raising Activity Challenge,
- Please note that Teen Challenge SA Inc. reserves the right to change the Terms and Conditions without notification to you and you should periodically visit this page to review the Terms and Conditions.
Teen Challenge SA Inc. may remove any content posted by you, prevent access by you to the 100 & 1 Club Website and/or prevent you from participating in the Event if you do not comply with these Terms and Conditions. The Terms and Conditions are subject to the laws of Australia.
By accessing the 100 & 1 Club Website and/or registering for the Event, you are deemed to have read and are bound to the unconditional acceptance and compliance with the Terms and Conditions set out below.
Information contained on the Website is as up-to-date as our resources permit and has been provided as complete and in good faith without any express or implied warranty. Teen Challenge SA Inc. is not liable for any costs or losses you incur through your use of the Website (including by accessing links to third party websites from the Website).
The information is specific and relevant to the various states within Australia, and as such, the type and level of services may vary from state to state.
Website Terms and Conditions
The Website may contain bulletin boards, chat rooms, forums or other communication facilities. By using and accessing the Website, you agree that you will not do any of the following:
- post, communicate or transmit any unlawful, criminal, threatening, abusive, defamatory, libellous, contemptuous, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane or indecent material, including any material that would materially and adversely affect the reputation of Teen Challenge SA Inc.;
- post, communicate or transmit material which violates or infringes the rights of any other person or party or infringes any law;
- inhibit or restrict any other user from using the Website;
interfere with the computer systems which support the Website, overload a service, engage in a denial-of-service attack or attempt to disable a host;
- post, communicate or transmit any file which contains viruses, worms, “Trojan horses” or any other harmful, contaminating or destructive features;
- access or attempt to access information resources you are not authorised to use;
impersonate or falsely represent your association with any person or organisation or otherwise provide false or misleading information;
- attempt to modify, adapt, translate, sell, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of the Website, including the use of automated tools;
- post, communicate or transmit or use any material of any kind for commercial purposes, or which contains any promotional material or advertising;
- delete, circumvent or alter any author attribution, legal notices, rights management information or technological protection measures; or
- post, download, communicate or transmit any file or material posted by another user of the Website if you know, or reasonably ought to know, that the file or material cannot legally be downloaded or communicated in that manner.
All logos and slogans are subject to copyright obligations to Teen Challenge SA Inc. and, along with all information, text, graphics, advertisements, audio and multimedia found on this Website (in whole or in part) are not to be copied, reproduced, reused, reposted, repurposed, transmitted, adapted, republished, broadcast, distributed or uploaded without written authorised permission.
Information contained in the ‘Media & News’ sections are provided for use with the general intent of informing the public. Use is as identified in the individual document.
The information on Teen Challenge SA Inc. via the link on the 100 & 1 Club Website has been provided for personal, non-commercial use only, to provide information on the services provided by Teen Challenge SA Inc.
Event Terms and Conditions
The Event is hosted by Teen Challenge SA Inc. and is intended to raise money and awareness about substance abuse and other life controlling problems in our society through this 100 & 1 Club fundraising activity. The Event requires participants to:
Join the 100 & 1 Club! & Rise to the challenge and have fun with your mates.
clean out your shed,
fit back into your favourite jeans,
learn guitar or
walk 100 kilometres –
whatever you want over ten weeks to raise funds for Teen Challenge.
There will be significant media interest around the Event. By registering, you are agreeing for your name, photograph and/or footage of you to be used for promotional or advertising purposes. If you do not wish your involvement to be promoted, or for your photo or footage of you to be used, please make this known upon registration.
Teen Challenge SA Inc. reserves the right to determine eligibility for participation of registering individuals and organisations for the Event.
As a participant in the 100 & 1 CLUB Fund Raising Activity:
- you agree not to represent that your actions are on behalf of Teen Challenge SA Inc. to the extent that you make representations, that Teen Challenge SA Inc. takes no responsibility for those representations;
- you acknowledge that you participate at your own risk and that you are not, to the best of your knowledge, suffering from a condition which would prevent and/or render you unfit to participate in the Event. You agree to take all reasonable measures to protect yourself from the risks of participation;
- you are responsible for all property and acknowledge that Teen Challenge SA Inc. accepts no responsibility for loss or damage to any property;
- you agree to not cause any loss or damage to property at your 100 & 1 CLUB Fund Raising Activity;
- you agree that you will comply with the reasonable directions of Teen Challenge SA Inc. and its authorised representatives from the 100 & 1 Club and that we may remove you from the Event at its sole discretion.
While undertaking challenges should be a fun experience the risk of serious injury or illness is should always be taken into consideration. However, if you foresee any adverse health implications for yourself in relation to your chosen 100 & 1 CLUB Fund Raising Activity, please reconsider participating and donate instead to another participant in the 100 & 1 Club Challenge or alternatively consider donating direct to Teen Challenge SA Inc. at www.teenchallengesa.com/donate
By taking part you are acknowledging that accidents may occur and accept all risks relating to or arising from your participation in the Event.
I, the participant or the participant’s parent/guardian, understand the nature of the 100 & 1 CLUB Fund Raising Activity Challenge and the participant’s experience. The participant is in good health and in proper physical and mental condition to participate in the 100 & 1 CLUB Fund Raising Activity Challenge for Teen Challenge SA Inc.
I also understand that the participant may incur injuries in participating with my Fund Raising Activity Challenge during the 100 & 1 CLUB program.
Release, Waiver and Indemnity Agreement
I, for myself, the minor participant (if a minor), my heirs, next of kin, personal representatives, successors and assigns, do hereby release, waive, discharge, covenant not to sue and agree to indemnify, save and hold harmless Teen Challenge SA Inc. and any of its officers, directors, independent contractors, employees, volunteers, event holders, event sponsors, event volunteers, shareholders, members, associates and partners from all liability claims, demands, losses or damages on this participant’s account from participant’s disability, personal injury, death, property damage, property theft or actions of any kind including the participants travel to and from my Fund Raising Activity Challenge, caused or alleged to be caused in whole or in part by Teen Challenge SA Inc. and/or any of its officers, directors, independent contractors, employees, volunteers, event holders, event sponsors, event volunteers, shareholders, members, associates and partners or otherwise; the “Released Parties”. I further agree that if, despite this release, I, the participant or anyone on the participant’s behalf makes a claim against any of the above named released parties, I will indemnify, save and hold harmless any of the above named “Released Parties” from any litigation expenses, legal fees, loss liability, damages, or costs any may incur as a result of any such claim.
Assumption of Risk
I understand my chosen Fund Raising Activity Challenge to raise funds by its nature, may carry with it certain inherent risks that cannot be eliminated regardless of the care taken to avoid injuries. Specific injuries and risks may vary from my Fund Raising Activity Challenge however, are obvious to me as the participant choosing the Fund Raising Activity Challenge. There may even be potential for death, serious injury and property loss depending upon my chosen Fund Raising Activity Challenge and skill level. The risks include, but are not limited to, those caused by terrain, facilities, temperature, weather, condition of the participant, competitors, equipment, vehicular traffic, actions of other people, including but not limited to, participants, volunteers, spectators, coaches, event officials, and/or producers/ venues of my chosen Fund Raising Activity Challenge.
I have read the Assumption of Risks paragraph and know, understand and appreciate these and other risks that are inherent in sporting and/or physical activities. I hereby assert that my participation is voluntary and that I knowingly assume all such risks of death, injury and/or property loss.
Acknowledgment of Understanding
I have read this waiver of liability, release, indemnity agreement and assumption of risk, fully understand its terms, and understand that I am giving up substantial rights, including the right to sue. I acknowledge that I am signing the agreement freely and voluntarily and intend by my registration to be and confirm a complete and unconditional release of all liability to the greatest extent allowed by law.
Registering for a person under the age of 18
By registering for a person under the age of 18, the parent and/or legal guardian does hereby represent that he/she is, in fact, acting in such capacity and agrees to save and hold harmless and indemnify the “Released Parties” described above from all liability, loss, cost, claim or damage whatsoever which may be imposed upon said released parties. I understand that the “Released Parties”, to the best of their abilities, and in so far as to what is in their control, are acting in good faith and sincere intention, and therefore stand to release said parties on behalf of the minor and the parents or legal guardian.